Thinking of listing your home this festive season? Or already have your property listed for sale? Here are my top tips to ensure you have a successful holiday!
First of all, we commend you for deciding to sell during the Christmas and New Year period – your competition is low and the buyers that are active now are hunting and ready to buy! Many people think that this is a bad time to sell, but from our perspective, you are making a proactive decision to cut through competition and noise.
Now before we go into it, here are a few things to check and consider before you list your property on the market:
- Have a realistic expectation. This is a quieter time so don’t set yourself up for disappointment! Prospective buyers who show interest are the more proactive buyers so be ready to respond to their enquiries promptly and be as helpful as you can, even if it means a quick inspection on Christmas Eve!
- Got a real estate agent? Be considerate of their holidays too. Select an agent that is aware of your needs and dedicated to helping you seal the deal.
- Buyers during this season can be more forward when it comes to negotiation or bargaining! Be prepared for this, consult your agent and stand your ground if the offer is far lower than how you value your property.
- Most transactions will close in January but do not let this discourage you – Buyers need time in December to research and decide.
Now here are our tips!
- If you haven’t listed your property yet, consider listing it in early January – it will be deemed fresh and exciting. Use this time now to spruce up your home, keep up the maintenance and give the home a mini-renovation if it’s looking out-dated.
- Take advantage of the low competition. Make sure you’re ready to communicate and respond to any enquiries. Leave a positive impression on your prospects!
- If your home is located in a holiday destination, this may be a very busy season for you! Be prepared for non-local buyers and be open to their unique needs.
- Buyers during this time are more eager, so be sure to match their energy. If they’re showing interest to lock-in or negotiate the deal, respond immediately to close the deal sooner than later.
- Holding an inspection? Ditch the festive decorations, they do not help. You want to aid the buyer to imagine themselves living in your property! For decor tips during inspections, click here
- Need guidance on making your property more attractive? Read this blog
The holiday season can be a challenging time hence it’s crucial to hire an agent that understands your urgency and is dedicated to your success.