Purchasing a new home likely to be one of the biggest financial decisions you will ever undertake, this becomes even more important when it involves your family. Finding the right suburb for your family can be quite a time consuming and difficult as you’ll want to find a well-rounded area that suits you and your growing family’s needs. But what characteristics should you actually look for?
Here are some of the key characteristics we suggest to look out for, that make up a family-friendly suburb!
1. Schools and childcare
– If you have growing children, school and education is arguably the most important. A large range of schooling and childcare options will often indicate that there is an abundance of families living in the area. Not only are great schools important for families with children, they also make the surrounding neighbourhoods more valuable and more sought after, keeping property values strong.
2. Public transport
– Being in close proximity to trains, trams and buses will put the CBD, employment, schools and other conveniences at your fingertips, and will provide a level of independence to children and young adults as they grow up.
3. Community Facilities
– The availability of libraries, community centres, emergency departments and health centres all attribute to how family friendly a suburb is. Evaluate the vicinity of recreational amenities, suburbs with lots of parks and playgrounds generally means there will be a lot of other families in the area and promotes that it is a family-friendly suburb.
4. Safety and security
– As one of the more important factors to take into consideration searching for a home in a suburb where crime remains low is essential. It’s worth checking out the local crime statistics and incidents, community blogs and the local newspapers to gauge a sense of how safe the suburb is.
5. Shops and services
– Family-friendly suburbs are all about convenience, so those that offer a range of shopping facilities within close range are ideal. Being able to go to a supermarket, easily find a car park and not have to venture through a large shopping centre with little kids is a huge bonus!
So, what’s your idea of the perfect family suburb? Contact me today and let me assist you in finding the best possible home for you and your family.